Your new piece of jewelry is delicate. Caring for hand-made jewelry is the same as caring for fine jewelry. Below are some tips on how to care for your piece. Specifics about your piece can also be found on the description page for your item.
- To prevent fading of the stones, when wearing and storing your jewelry, avoid high heat and direct sunlight exposure.
- To avoid damage, scratches and unnecessary wear and tear, remove jewelry before doing gardening, cleaning, household repairs, swimming or any strenuous physical activities.
- Opaque stones are fragile and should never be worn in or cleaned with water (for example: coral, opal, pearl, mother-of-pearl, turquoise, amber, obsidian, jet, selenite, and lapis).
- Allow self-tanners, sunscreens, lotions or perfumes to dry before putting on jewelry. Use hairspray before putting on your piece.
- Keep your delicate jewelry in a special bag, box or drawer and/or in the pouch that came with your piece.
- Storing one piece per bag will help prevent scratches and chain tangles.
- Since pieces contain delicate stones, please read the above to be sure that you are taking proper care of the gems while cleaning the metal material.
- To polish silver pieces use a polishing cloth. Polish metals gently, and do not over-polish.
- Liquid tarnish removers or jewelry cleaners are not recommended.
If you have specific questions on sizing or on how to care for your piece, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!